Achari Paneer is a pickle-flavored recipe from Gujarat.
1 cup Paneer (cottage cheese), cubed
1 tsp Fennel Seeds (saunf)
¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
5 to 6 Fenugreek Seeds (methi)
1 tsp Onion Seeds (kalonji)
½ tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
½ tsp Asafetida (hing)
1 Onion, sliced
½ tsp Turmeric Powder (haldi)
½ tsp Chili Powder
½ tsp Black Salt (sanchal)
¾ cup Curd
1 tsp Plain Flour (maida)
3 tbsp Coriander, chopped
1 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Take a small bowl and mix the fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds, cumin seeds and asafetida.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the seeds mixture.
- When the seeds start crackling, add onion and sauté till it turns translucent.
- Add the paneer, turmeric powder, chili powder, black salt and stir fry for some time.
- Add in the curd and sprinkle the plain flour. Mix the preparation well.
- Sprinkle coriander and salt and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and serve hot, with rice or rotis.