Hara Bhara Kabab boosts of green health. Made from spinach, peas and potatoes it is nutritious as well as delicious. Great with any chutney or sauce.
2 cups spinach/palak
2 medium size potatoes/aloo
¾ cup peas/matar, fresh or frozen
1 tsp chaat masala powder
1 tsp amchur powder/dry mango powder
2 tsp ginger-green chili paste or crushed (adjust as per your spice requirements)
2 and ½ tbsp besan/gram flour
Salt as required
1 or 2 tbsp oil for frying the kababs
- Blanch the spinach in salted water.
- Drain and keep them in a cold water.
- Finely chop the spinach and keep aside.
- Roast besan/gram flour in a small pan till it becomes aromatic and changes its color don’t over roast or darken the gram flour.
- Steam or boil the potatoes and peas in a bowl take the chopped spinach grate the boiled potatoes in the bowl add the peas and green-chili paste.
- Mash the kabab mixture with a potato masher or with a wooden spoon.
- Add all the dry spice powder, roasted gram flour and salt mix the kabab mixture uniformly.
- shape into round patties and shallow or pan fry the kababs till golden brown.
- Serve hara bhara kabab hot with chutney or sauce.
Few tips for hara bhara kabab recipe:
- The spice powders namely chaat masala and amchur powder can be adjusted as suited.
- For binding instead of gram flour, corn flour or corn starch can also be used.
- These kababs can also be baked as well as grilled. You can bake kababs at 180 degrees C which is moderate oven temperature. Brush some oil on the kebabs. Just place the kebabs on a tray or wired rack and bake for 20-25 mins or till the kebabs get browned from the top. You can changes the sides after 10-15 minutes of baking. Better to bake both the sides.
- If you don’t have chaat masala, then just add garam masala powder and reduce the quantity to ½ teaspoon