2 Nos Potato
1 Nos Capsicum
Carrot – 2 Nos
Green Peas – 1/2 cup
Beans – 4 to 5 Nos
Tomato – 2 Nos
Onion – 2 Nos
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Jeera powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Kasthuri Methi crushed – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
Oil – 3 to 4 teaspoons
Jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- Peel the skin from potato and carrot and cut it into bite size pieces.
- Cut capsicum also to the same size.
- Chop one onion and tomato finely.
- Chop another onion and tomato into medium size pieces and grind it to a fine paste.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add jeera.
- When it pops up add ginger garlic paste and the onion/tomato paste.
- Fry for few seconds. Then add chopped onion and fry for a while.
- Add tomatos pieces and fry till it mashes well.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, pepper and jeera powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Then add all the vegetables and mix it once again.
- Now add enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Add crushed kasthuri Methi. Stir well and check for salt and hotness.
- Cover with a lid. Cook on medium flame till the vegetables are soft.
- Remove and sprinkle a teaspoon of ghee on top of it and mix it well.
- Can be served with Chapati or with any Indian bread.
Note: You can also add any other vegetables like cauliflower, knol khol etc.
For the above quantity, you can serve for 5 to 6 persons.