2 cups Rice
4 cups water
1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
1 red onion finely chopped
2 tbsp french beans chopped
2 tbsp carrot chopped
2 tbsp spring onions / scallions green, finely chopped
2 green chilies, finely chopped
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1/2 tbsp ginger, chopped
4 tbsp Schezwan Sauce or as required
1/2 tsp white pepper powder
1 tsp vinegar
Pinch of red orange food color
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
- Soak 1 cup rice for 20-60 minutes.
- Soaking makes rice longer in length and rice separates easily while cooking.
- Take a pan and add 5 cups of water, salt to taste and Boil the rice till they are 90% cooked.
- Drain the rice in a net and put some water on it to prevent it from further cooking.
- Keep rice aside for about 20-30 minutes till they are dry.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan and 2 finely chopped green chilies along with 1 finely chopped onion.
- Cook them for a minutes and add 4 tbsp chopped garlic and 2 tbsp chopped ginger and cook it for few seconds.
- Now add finely chopped french beans, carrot and cabbage, 1/2 tsp salt, pinch of white pepper powder and cook all the ingredients for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of Schezwan Sauce and cook all the ingredients for 2 more minutes.
- Add rice and some finely chopped green spring onions, 1/4 tbsp vinegar and some red food color (optional).
- Keep tossing all ingredients on high flame for 2-4 minutes.
- You may add some oil, if rice look dry.
- You Indo Chinese Schezwan Rice are now ready, server it with some Schezwan Sauce.